Sunday, March 1, 2015

March's Kit will be a "Piece of Cake"!


I am sitting in my craft room with a cup of Coconut Mocha coffee in my hand and my soft yellow blanket over my lap happily eyeing our next Counterfeit Kit.  Bring your worst, winter!  Our happy kit for this month will banish any cloudy cold weather that you can throw at us!

Some of you are new to kit making...WELCOME!  And some of you have been with us for quite a while!  This month we want to share with you some of our best tips on pulling together or using your kit!

Let's warm up with a kit from A Piece of Cake Designs (go to their blog HERE to see photos of the kit).





This kit has a great mix of colors, don't you think?  The gelatos (which I have often been tempted to purchase, but haven't yet) just make me happy!  Some of these patterns can lead your kit into some very whimsical directions, too, so have fun with it!

Let's give a big warm hug to our Guest Designer for this month, Janine!


I have lived most of my life in the surrounding suburbs of Philadelphia.  After 18 years of part-time college courses, I was all set with a solid background and career in Tax Accounting.  However, this all changed when I married my husband, Jeff, and just beat the clock to have two wonderful but needy children.  Currently, I stay at home while my husband travels in sales and manage the bulk of the boys schedules.  My English Bulldog, Trixie, is my most constant companion. She stays home all day for me!  :)  Over the last 15 years, I have acquired more scrappy supplies than I could ever imagine using.  Counterfeit Kit Club was the perfect find for me to get motivated to put a dent in my stash.  So glad to be able to participate in the challenges and delighted to join the design team for a month of crafty fun.  My crafty blog is http://rachauscratchpad.blogspot.com/



We have a fun hop for you this month with a GREAT BONUS!  We are going to take a look this month at some of our best ideas for pulling together or using counterfeit kits!


My tip:  Make your kit storage/display pretty!  Find fun ways to display and store your kit and you will be more likely to use it up during the month. 

I love to use these 12x12 colorful plastic envelopes to hold any paper, stickers or flat embellishments for my kit.  Everything else gets displayed on one or more of my cute collection of plates.


I also really like the 12x12 Iris cases (I get mine at Michael's when they go on sale)...especially the glittery ones.  Everything fits in it so neatly and they stack well.  Plus, they are clear and I do enjoy seeing peeks of what I am planning on using.  That is very inspiring for me.


You will get a lot more great tips as you go through our hop today!  Great bonus, right?

Guest Designer Janine: http://rachauscratchpad.blogspot.com
Jemma: http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk
Julene: http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com
Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.ca
Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.ca
Lynnette: http://www.sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com
Margie:http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com

**********************************************
How can YOU participate? 
Click on the "Monthly Link Up" tab to find Mr. LINKY and link us to YOUR kit and projects using your kit so we can leave you some love!  We will make a brand new Mr. Linky for each month, so get your blog posts linked ASAP!


To make Mr. Linky a little easier for us to use, please type your name and then a description of what you are linking (ie: kit, mini challenge, ect).



We also have a Flicker group, if you don't have a blog, but would like to share your creativity with us!  CKC Blog Flicker Group

If you take a peek at our side bar <<<<<<<<  you will see links to our Facebook and Pinterest, as well.  We hope to see you hanging out at ALL of those places.

End of the Month Blog Hop:
On the 24th of each month we offer a blog hop opportunity to all of our followers!  A chance for you to show off a special project made with your counterfeit kit for that month.

Here is how it will work:
Your Blog Hop Project may be from any of the 3 challenges we offer throughout the month.
Your project must be something new that you have not shown before and only post for the hop.

To be a part of our blog hop:
1.  E-mail us your name/blog address/promise to participate at  counterfeitkitchallenge@gmail.com  BY THE 18th!  
(No late requests will be able to join due to the work it takes for us to get it put together.)

2.  You will receive an e-mail from us by the 20th with a list of the hop participants.

3.  You will need to schedule your own blog post showing your project 
based on this challenge and links to the person after you in the hop.

4.  All Blog Hop posts need to be scheduled to go live on the 24th at 12:00 A.M. Mountain Standard Time (Arizona)






7 comments:

  1. So many kits this month that I'd like to have in my own stash! Great hop and some wonderful kits to be inspired by. March is going to be a good month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always inspired by the talent here. I just love the variety of styles that show through in the as-semblances of each counterfeit. I thought the tips were terrific too! Looking forward to seeing what the designers and all the other participants do with this fun kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An exceptional hop, for me. Loved every bit of it. It is interesting to see that every DT member had a different tip. Was that by chance or by design? The tips would make a great post if you put them all together. May I suggest you add them to the information on the blog, about how to create kits?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this kit :) Cant wait for the challeges :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tips and inspiration, Janine! Excited for this month's scrappy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to learn about you Janine.Fabulous tip too.

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.