Friday, September 1, 2017

September Counterfeit Kit Reveal

Hello Counterfeiters! It's September and that means that it's time for a new Counterfeit Kit Reveal! It's been a fun summer, but I've become a wee bit tired of kits with Flamingos; Palm Trees and Cocktails! 

So, I've chosen a kit from September 2016 that, to me at least, seemed like a nice transition between summer and autumn. It makes me think of the outdoors, camping, cold evenings and warm cider! It's the Lost River Kit from Studio Calico. I hope that you like it! 



Shall we have a closer look at those amazing papers? (The Digital Versions are still available. It's not enabling, if it's counterfeiting!)


There's a 'Documenter' Kit for scrappers who keep their memories with Project Life / Pocket Life. Look at the amazing stamp set that was included - and see if you can include something similar?




There's even a 'Planner' version that includes a really cute 'Mobile Phone' note set, but I'm not sure if there'll be any reception in the hills!




Let's meet this month's Guest Designer, Jess, from Jess Claire Creates.

Hi everyone I am so super excited to be the guest designer for September!

So a little bit about me: I am 29 (for another few months) and I am a single, stay at home mum to Ben who is 2 and a half and, although I don’t share his face online, he is often the main focus in my scrapbooks. I have a lovely fella who often pops up in my layouts, we love going to the cinema which we will no doubt be doing more of during the Autumn/Winter months.

I live in Yorkshire, England and I love scrapbooking. I’ve been scrapping since 2015 and Project Life is my main jam. I also do some traditional layouts (mostly 8.5x11) and I am getting more and more into travellers’ notebook scrapbooking.

I totally fell in love with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge back in June and I made a kit which I used for almost all my layouts that month, I became kind of known for including tissue paper in my kit.

I was so happy to be asked to guest design this month and I love September’s kit, it’s just what I need to break my hold on summer colours. Actually, let’s be honest I’m still holding on to colours from spring. I need some variety right now.

Using a kit just seems to really fit with my scrapbooking style and it makes it so quick and easy to put layouts together because you have already selected pieces that go together. My tips would be, include some black and white because it breaks the colour up and goes with everything, make sure to include pieces you use often (tiny word stickers for me), don’t be afraid to go back to older photos if they fit with the kit's theme because it’s great to get those stories told too. And have fun with your kit!

You can find Jess at Jess Claire Creates, on Instagram (@jess.claire.creates) and on her fabulous YouTube Channel.

Now, I'm ready to see the counterfeits, are you? Grab a cuppa - and a biscuit - and check out the Master Forger's versions of this month's inspiration kit!


As always, if you're inspired to create a kit, make sure to include them in our Monthly Link Up. We want to see it! Or share on Instagram using @counterfeitkitchallenge or #counterfeitkitchallenge

4 comments:

  1. Super awesome kit to counterfeit! I really hope to be able to join you ladies this month. I've missed this blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Jess and all your kits are delightful ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that this has been a popular choice of kit to counterfeit! And I'm so, so happy to have Jess-Claire joining us this month! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful kit, fabulous Guest Designer and it's September! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.